Putin: Protector of Russian Women

I’ve read some pretty whacky justifications for the state of affairs in Russia in blog comments before, but this one is new to me:

Putin regime’s re-nationalization of Russian mineral resources was key to restoring political sovereignty of Russian state.

Politically and fiscally, the only option at the time was re-nationalization. Otherwise, Russia would have turned into something like Iraq: American colony in which citizens are tortured and murdered, and women raped at will of occupiers.

Yes, Rosneft and Gazprom had to be granted monopoly rights to develop Russia’s offshore fields in order to prevent Russian women being raped at will by Americans.

This entry was posted in Oil & Gas, Russia. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Putin: Protector of Russian Women

1. BendyGirl says:

Hi Tim
    Baby Anton was born to a Russian surrogate, the biological child of US parents who rejected him when they saw he had EB, an incredibly painful life threatening genetic skin disorder. Anton is in a Russian orphanage without the specialist care or love he needs and we’re trying to get him some publicity & practical help. Jackart suggested you might have some contacts in Russia and I’d be really grateful if you could perhaps spread the word to help this poor baby.
    Thanks so much, BendyGirl

2. Duffy says:

Are they raping at will now? I thought they still had to fill out a form. Lord knows Putin and friends would never dream of torture or oppression of political opponents. Nah.

You are incredibly patient, Tim.

If you had to work under the conditions I do, you’d be patient too. :)

At work you are paid to be patient. Nothing would entice me to restraint myself when talking to a stubborn blind self-righteous socialist. It’s not my job!

True, but technically I’m only paid for 8-10 hours per day. The other 14-16 hours of living daily life in places like Kuwait, Sakhalin, and Lagos probably require more patience than anything work throws at me. As I said to my boss the other day when more than a little frustrated by some HR issue: “The engineering is the easy stuff out here!”

You hit the nailhead.
    That’s the reason I hesitate to open my own design business: because design is the easiest part of it, at least for me. And I am in NY, not Nigeria…