In 2005 I have:
1. Made six trips to Qatar.
2. Been on a desert safari.
4. Taken in the sights of The Hague.
5. Travelled non-stop overland from London to Crimea, holidayed in Yalta, and been impressed by the scenery.
6. Been Best Man at my best friend’s wedding.
7. Changed my blog.
8. Met a beautiful girl from St. Petersburg, who has become a large part of my life.
9. Gawped at St. Basil’s cathedral in Moscow, not for the first time.
10. Stood on the galleria of St. Isaac’s cathedral in St. Petersburg, and marvelled at the Winter Palace.
11. Enjoyed a week’s holiday in excellent company in Kazan, capital of the Republic of Tatarstan.
12. Stood on the bank of the Volga river.
13. Spent a month in Korea.
14. Amassed 41,042 airmiles with Emirates Airlines.
15. Grappled with the grammar of the Russian language, with mixed results.
16. Had my job title changed 3 times, my salary once.
In comparison, 2004 looked like this.