Three suspects tied to a New Mexico compound where alleged Muslim extremists reportedly trained children to be school shooters were released from custody on Wednesday, hours after a judge dismissed all of the charges against them, Fox News confirmed.
Happily for them no doubt, but who else benefits? A brief reminder:
The five suspects were arrested by authorities after an Aug. 3 raid following a monthslong search investigating the disappearance of Abdul-ghani Wahhaj, a 3-year-boy with severe medical issues who went missing from Georgia in December. The occupants of the compound were “most likely heavily armed and considered extremist of the Muslim belief,” an official said at the time.
Taos County Sheriff’s deputies discovered 11 children at the compound, who were taken into the custody of state child-welfare workers. On Aug. 6, a child’s remains were found on the property.
Siraj Ibn Wahhaj was allegedly training children to commit school shootings, according to prosecutors, who later alleged that the juveniles were taught how to use firearms, as well as tactical techniques, in order to kill teachers, law enforcement and other institutions they found corrupt.
Health officials confirmed earlier this month that the discovered remains were positively identified as the 3-year-old’s.
And now three suspects walk free because:
District Judge Emilio Chavez on Wednesday dismissed charges against three of the five defendants — Lucas Morton, Subhannah Wahhaj and Hujrah Wahhaj — ruling that authorities violated the state’s “10-day rule.”
Child abuse charges against them were dropped because prosecutors missed the 10-day limit for an evidentiary hearing to establish probable cause.
Chavez said Wednesday that it was a very difficult decision to drop the charges but the rule left him with no option. Prosecutors could still seek charges for the three by asking a grand jury to indict them but offered no immediate indication on how they would proceed.
Either the authorities are not treating this seriously, hence they have assigned the case to incompetent prosecutors, or someone in charge wants this whole thing to go away as fast as a Las Vegas concert massacre. Now this is the government so you can’t rule out the former, but given the zeal with which they arrest, charge, and imprison damned near anyone who crosses them on a normal working day, I’m going to assume someone’s sandbagging this whole case. Whatever the truth is, it stinks to high heaven.
Now Bardon may be right when he says this kind of thing has always gone on, but what does seem different now is there is barely any attempt to convince the public everything is above board. The rulers’ contempt for the masses is nowadays so absolute they don’t even bother offering a plausible explanation, it’s just “We’ll brazenly do as we please and tell you whatever we like, when we like, and you’ll just have to lump it. Know you place, peasants!” If this keeps up, they’re going to get someone a lot worse than Trump coming along.